Sunday, June 22, 2008

IH emblems

All the original emblems were gone on the Scout when I aquired it. I have been looking for replacements but good ones in good condition are hard to find (like everything else for a 32 year old vehicle). Scoutparts.com does offer a complete set of replacements but at the hefty price of $296.00 I thought I'd continue my search. I found a pair of "IH" emblems on ebay; the chrome was in decent condition and they still had their mounting pegs, but the paint was pretty far gone. But for $10.00 plus shipping, I figured I could make them work. I bought a can of International red spray paint for a few dollars and I already had some good black paint. I then carefully masked off the emblems in stages and sprayed them. I gave them a clear coat finish for added protection. The final results are pretty good I think, especially for the price.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: