Sunday, June 22, 2008

Installing the Suspension Lift Kit & Winch

Next, I ordered a suspension system and winch from Rocky Mountain Suspension Products. I found this company on the internet and the salesperson I spoke with there was very knowledgeable about the the products the offered but was also helpful in offering suggestions for my particular requirements. After discussing my intended purposes and usage with the salesperson, I settled on the Rough Country Suspension System for $575.00. It comes complete with heavy duty springs and shocks and provides an additional 4" of lift. Considering this is not a HD rock crawling vehicle but a deer lease creeper, I thought the money I saved was well considered.

I also purchased the 12,000 lb. Bulldog self recovery winch. The winch is mounted to the front bumper using a heavy duty steel mounting plate from Bulldog. Chip and John used huge grade 8 bolts to mount the winch to the bumper so the winch shouldn't be going anywhere. The Bulldog winch is about half the cost of a Warn, with all the same specs except the Bulldog is all metal... no plastic parts!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

All about 4wheels said...

This installation of the suspense lift you made looks good. Buying from online dealers sure does make you save a lot. You can see more suppliers for the suspense lifts at Skyjacker Suspension