Friday, June 20, 2008

The Scout goes out for restoration

After I got the Scout home, I started doing some research and began looking for someone to help me do the restoration/build-up. I knew I did not want to do the work myself so I needed to find a capable shop with a good reputation. I also wanted to be able to afford to get all the things done that I knew needed to be done. Finding the right guys would be crucial to making this project happen. It just so happens that I have a neighbor who has already completed several restoration projects himself (a really nice 50's era Chevy pickup and recently a 60's era VW bus). It was my wife who thought to ask him if he might
be able to refer us to a good mechanic nearby who could assist me with this type of restoration project. He told us that he had worked with a shop nearby who had been around a long time and had a great reputation for doing good work at a fair price. He introduced me to Chip Healy of Chip's Auto Repair in Coppell. Chip had been doing work in this area for 15 years and I was impressed with knowledge and his commitment to quality. I dropped my Scout off at Chip's shop and he began work immediately. Posted by Picasa

No comments: